FE/BR Security Products
FDI Fabricates a variety of products that have been independently tested and US Government approved. Our Product line includes:
- High Power Rifle (7.62mm & 5.56mm) Bullet Resistant Doors, Windows and Louvers
- 5 Minute Forced Entry Protection Doors, Windows and Louvers
- High Power Rifle (7.62mm & 5.56mm) Resistant & 15 Minute Forced Entry Protection Doors, Door Pair, Windows and Louvers
- Multi-Impact High Power Rifle Resistant & 60 Minute Forced Entry Protection Doors, Door Pairs and Louvers
- Multi-Impact & Forced Entry Resistant Fixed & Transaction Windows
FE/BR is an abbreviation for the term "Forced Entry and Ballistic Resistance"
This term is commonly found in standards and requirements set forth by the DOS (Department of State) and OBO (Overseas Buildings Operations)
Forced Entry (FE) Resistance
DOS policy establishes the following three levels of forced entry protection ( 5, 15, 60 ) minutes
Ballistic Resistance (BR)
DOS policy establishes military rifles as the levels of ballistic protection required. A shotgun is used to test the ballistic vulnerability of any convoluted passages such as deal trays.